Saturday, September 17, 2011

Time for truth

Okay, I know I've been posting all excited about the progress on our house, but the truth is: I wish I were still in Texas.  I didn't want to move here.  Ever.  And Hubby knew that.  But he wanted to, so that's all that mattered to him.  So here we are in the middle of nowhere, North Dakota, and I am depressed.  I'm having a really hard time adjusting.  The problem isn't the weather; I'm loving the cooler temps(for now).  The problem is the isolation.  But even more than that, the problem is that Hubby chucked "our plan" out the window in favor of "his plan".

Even before we got married, we talked about retiring in Colorado.  We discussed other spots, but kept coming back to the idea of Colorado, because it would be somewhat close to both of our families(closer to mine, I'll admit), and they still have the cold winter weather that he loves.  He would always make jokes about living in Alaska, or North Dakota, and I would always reply that I don't want to.  So he knew how I felt about it.  And yet...when he got the opportunity to move us here, just a few minutes' drive from his family, and 19 hours drive from mine, he jumped at it.  And since we're building on family land here, he intends for us to stay here forever.  So I have to just forget about Colorado.  I have to forget about ever living close to my family again.

Instead, I get to live super-close to his family.  His dad is a barking moonbat.  His brother almost never smiles.  His sister doesn't seem to like me very well.  I get along best with his aunt, but she's a barking moonbat as well.  Yay for me.  I need some friends. 

I hate it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!