Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blanket in progress, and other projects

I'm currently working on another baby blanket. This one is a Knit Picks sample. I've written the pattern, and I just have to finish the blanket so I can take pictures. In the meantime, here's an in-progress pic:
It's the same design as the purple one: Sisterhood. It's my tribute to the Bunker Babes. I don't know who will be getting the blanket when it's done; maybe my sister-in-law, or my half-sister-in-law, if one of them has a girl. The yarn is Knit Picks Swish Tonal worsted. The colorway is "Queen Anne", which is a really pretty blend of pinks, peaches and light oranges. Reminds me of a sunrise. I promise I'll get some better pics to show off the color when it's done. 
It's about halfway done now. I just finished the second skein of yarn. Due to the cables and the shape, this blanket takes a lot of yarn: 4 100gram skeins of worsted wool. The Knit Picks people asked if I'd like to try their new acrylic (Brava) for this, but I declined. I really don't enjoy working with acrylics, so I only use them when I have to, and only on small projects. I told them I'd be glad to design something smaller for Brava.
Meanwhile, I'm working on two summer designs: a tank top with a lace hibiscus on the front and back, and a tank top with cables that run up the front, over the straps, and down the back. Both will be for children, though I may eventually adapt the ideas for adult sizes. I'm planning on using KP CotLin DK yarn for both; it sounds like a perfect yarn for summer clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!