Thursday, January 17, 2013

New designs

Every once in a while, I get a "wild hair" and design something crazy.

My coat hood is oversized, and doesn't stay on my head if there's even the slightest wind. So I decided to make one that would stay on. Searching through patterns, I didn't find anything that was what I was looking for. I wanted a hood that would be seamless, and not have a goofy-looking point at the top of the back. So I thought of using short rows to shape it to fit my head. I made a really simple one...

And then I got really crazy...
 I'm calling this design "Unconventional", because conventional wisdom says that alpaca and cables aren't a good combination. I'm hoping I can make the design understood for other knitters, because to be honest, I got confused myself, several times! I have a test-knitter lined up, and I hope it makes sense to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!