Thursday, September 10, 2009

busy, bein' creative.

I've been meaning to write, but I've been busy working on this...

"Double Eyelet Rib Socks" by Wendy Johnson
My first toe-up, sockweight, adult-sized sock. It's actually much further-along than this picture; I just haven't taken any other pictures. I'm using the left-over yarn from my Ichthus shawl.
Yesterday, I made this:

It was intended to be a coaster. I learned a couple things with this project...firstly, that variegated yarn isn't the best for a "log cabin quilt" block...and secondly, that this was too big to be a coaster. So I gave it to Angel to use as a face washcloth.
Then, last night, I made this:

It is a coaster. It's the right size, and I designed it myself. I thought it looked kinda like a flag; at least, that was the idea. Hubby thinks it looks like a bullseye. What do you think? Flag? Bullesye? Goofy-looking in-the-round striped square?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!