As promised, here's a pic of my newest design!
It's about halfway done. It's going to be about 40 inches wide at the points, since it's a hexagon. It's close to 30 now, which is about the width of the other baby blankets I've designed, but they were squares. This one looks like it's for a doll at 30 inches, so I must keep knitting. I really like how it's turning out. It's a pretty simple design, at least in my head... I started with the braided cable in the center of each panel. As it grew, I added the rope cable that twists toward the braid, then another rope that twists away from the other one...then another braid, and more ropes....etc. I think writing this one up is going to be trickier than knitting it. It doesn't have a name yet. I thought of naming it after the baby it's going to be for, but the baby isn't born yet, and doesn't have a name. Unless this blanket takes another five months to make, I'm going to have to come up with another idea.
In other knitting news, I've been dealing with my UFOs. I frogged the original swatch for the above blanket; it was a square, in a yarn that I didn't have enough of to make a blanket anyway. I was just swatching, about a year ago, and hadn't ever done anything with the swatch. So now I have a reclaimed ball of green wool, and an empty needle. ☻
And I dug out an eyelash yarn monstrosity that I'd started three years ago. Angel wanted a fun fur blanket in pink and purple stripes. I had gotten three stripes done, and my hands said "NO MORE!" so I put it away for three years. Finally, I told Angel the other day that I wasn't going to finish it, and it wouldn't coordinate with her new turquoise and brown bedroom anyway. Fun fur does not like to be frogged, so I just bound it off. I suggested it could be a doll blanket, but she decided to add a button or pin and make it a capelet. Silly girl looks like a Yeti that someone threw koolaid on. But it's out of my UFO bin! And I gave her the leftover yarn.
And sadly, I discovered that my white lace stole-in-progress was full of holes. Apparently some evil insect found it very yummy. I frogged most of it, but only recovered a small ball of yarn, as most of it came off in short, unusable pieces. Fortunately, I hadn't gotten very far on it, and the balls of yarn in the ziploc didn't look like they'd been touched, so I should still have enough of that lovely laceweight to make a small shawl. And I've started charting for that design...