Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Angel's birthday

Yesterday was Angel's birthday.  She's nine years old now.  I can hardly believe it.  They grow so quickly....

It was a fun day.  She went to breakfast with Daddy, and he gave her a pair of beautiful Black Hills Gold earrings.  Then we all went to Chuck E Cheese's for lunch, and had a lot of fun.  I gave Angel the shawl I made while we were on vacation, and a little wooden box for her knitting tools, and a bunch of stitch markers and such to keep in it.  Princess gave her a t-shirt from Mount Rushmore, and Kitty gave her a really pretty necklace from the thrift shop.  Angel helped make the cupcakes, and iced them herself.  So all in all, it was a good birthday.

I did a bunch of yardwork yesterday afternoon, and my muscles are still protesting today.  Now that we know we're not moving to Florida, we're going to fix up our yard and make it nicer.  We're going to trim trees, and sod the front yard, and mulch the shady area in the backyard, and create a stepping-stone path in the side yard, and plant shade-loving perennials in the stupid planting beds that are too close to the house to get enough sun for most plants, and build a little storage shed for the rakes and shovels and such.  And when I say "we" I mean mostly "I".  Which is just fine with me.  I like building stuff.  Other yardwork, not so much, but it's worth the effort, now that the weather is cool enough to do it.  The forcasted high for today is less than 80 degrees.  I love it.  It's sunny, but breezy and cool.  Fall is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!