Friday, February 8, 2013

Fun exercise

I'm not one of those people who likes to work out. I've never felt an "endorphin hit" when exercising. I did kind-of enjoy Zumba when we lived in Texas; there were classes at the gym. But I didn't like the music they used; I listen to Christian music for a reason. It was good exercise though.

So this past Sunday, I asked a Facebook friend (who is a Zumba instructor) if she had any recommendations for Zumba DVDs, since I don't have a gym membership up here in the middle of nowhere. She pointed me to a YouTube channel (ReFitRev) where I found something amazing: women working out fully clothed, to good music! The moves are similar to Zumba, but the music is way better.

Here's an example:

Not all of their music is Christian, but it's all at least "clean". This one is one of my(and my daughters') favorites:

I actually enjoy it. A lot. In fact, I enjoy it so much that I've been working out twice every day this week. And it's paid off; I've lost another inch off my waist measurement since I started this. My internet is crazy-slow, and the videos take forever to load, so I'm looking forward to getting my DVD in the mail; I ordered it on Monday. I highly recommend these exercise videos to my friends who want to lose weight. A side note: I love that I can let my daughters exercise with me, and I don't have to worry about the questionable lyrics they could be learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!