Friday, February 22, 2013

Too busy to blog...until now...

Well, hi there! I haven't posted anything in a few weeks. I've been so focused on losing weight...or trying to...that I haven't thought of blogging at all. Well, now I have time. Every once in a while, my joints get inflamed, and I'm in so much pain I can hardly move. It's happened again, and I haven't been able to work out for several days. I've done a little yoga, and some crunches and such, but other than that, I've spent much of this week in bed. While I've been laid up, I was able to finish a pair of socks...
 I used some lovely Malabrigo Sock yarn in "Velvet Grapes", and my own pattern, Hunter Socks. I made these ones a little longer in the leg than the original green ones. They're very soft and comfy, and are making my aching feet and ankles feel a little better.

This time around, the pain has struck only my lower half, probably because of the dance fitness I've been doing twice a day for most of this month. Anyway, my arms are fine so far, so I gave myself a haircut last night. It's always tricky to cut my own hair, but I decided it was getting a little too long and shaggy, and once I got started, I couldn't stop. I cut off about six inches in length; it's pretty short now. But I like how it turned out.
You can also see that my face is looking a little thinner... I haven't lost much weight, but I've lost inches all over. I'm starting to separate out some clothes that are too big now, and that's a wonderful feeling.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to when the pain stops, so I can get back to exercising. I'm desperate to lose weight, and I have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!