Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tink.

I have come to the conclusion that knitting complicated lace and migraines do not go together. I had a migraine last night, but kept knitting anyway. I still have a migraine this morning. I picked up my knitting, intending to quickly find my place in the pattern and continue. But as I looked at the shawl, through my pain-blurred eyes, I thought, "Oh, no! I made a mistake two rows ago, and the mistake is the whole row!" So after a few choice words, which I will not post here, I began tinking. (For non-knitters, "tink" is "knit" spelled backwards. So it means "unknitting, stitch by stitch") I tinked the wrong-side row. Then I tinked almost all of the right side row, when I realized, "Aaaah! I didn't make a mistake! I've just tinked almost two whole rows when there was nothing wrong!" Fortunately, the children were in the other room, so they did not hear the choice words I let fly at that point. So I re-knit the offending row and put the project aside. Then I went and took three Advil. It's not helping. I think I need a nap.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I've done that before. A nap is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!