Thursday, July 30, 2009

Busy...busy...frightfully busy...

Okay, you'll only "get" that title if your kids are into VeggieTales. It's from a song. Anyway, it about sums up my life this week. I've been cleaning, doing laundry, hemming shorts, knitting, killing ants, organizing for a trip, cleaning, organizing, killing more ants, doing more laundry and ironing...you get the idea.
I haven't had as much time for knitting this week, so I still haven't finished Number 4. Number 5 is sitting in a sloppy pile in my bedroom, waiting patiently for me to finish 4. But I started a fichu for part of Angel's halloween costume. I know, it's my own fault I'm not done with my big project. I keep letting myself get distracted. Actually yesterday I was looking up patterns for cute baby socks; I have a friend who is expecting her first girl, and all she has is boy stuff from her other kids. I thought of making her some bibs, but she's learning to knit, so she's going to try making some herself. So, I want to make some cute, frilly, feminine socks for her baby. I haven't made many socks, and I haven't done any at all with sock yarn. So I'm thinking baby socks will be a good introduction; I'll get them done faster than adult socks.
I think I'll bake some bread this afternoon. Maybe. I think homemade bread would go well with my Scotch Chicken. The chicken is already making my house smell wonderful. I put a bunch of chicken thighs in the crockpot with minced onion, minced garlic, and a little bit of Scotch whiskey. I turned it on low, and I'm just going to let it cook slowly, all day. I'll make some veggies and potatoes later to go with it.
Okay, enough rambling for now. Time to get back to work. ☺

2 comments:

  1. I would TOTALLY recommend Saartje's Bootees. Relatively quick and easy - and will DEFINITELY get a response. ;) Ask me how I know.

    (link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/vovens/2704066757/in/set-72157603809426262/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vovens, where can I find that pattern? Those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!