Sunday, January 10, 2010

Drive-by blogging...

I've started a new project, but this one has to stay secret for now. I'm participating in a UFO(unfinished object)/Orphan (yarn with no plans) swap. Each participant sends either a UFO or orphan yarn from their stash to another participant, who stitches that yarn into something wonderful, then sends it back to the original owner. Then we'll all open them on the same day, in March, in a wild online party. ☺

I sent fingering weight navy blue cotton/bamboo/silk yarn to Angela, who is a whiz with Tunisian Crochet. I can't wait to see what she comes up with! Cathie sent me Malabrigo Sock yarn, in the colorway "Persia"; it's a combination of greens and browns. OMG, this yarn is so incredibly soft and squishy! I love it. I've never had an opportunity to work with Malabrigo before; it's too expensive for my budget. But I finally understand why everyone loves it so much. I will be saving up some money to be able to afford my own in the future. I'm about 1/5 of the way through with my project. When I'm done, this wonderful, soft, gorgeous(if I do say so myself) project will go back to Cathie. I hope she likes it! I'll post pictures in March, after our party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!