Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I got the samples for the house!

The samples arrived yesterday!  So many choices.....
 Fortunately, we already had a good idea of what we wanted.  First, here are the siding, shingles and trim...
 And the front door...
 And the carpet, linoleum for the bathrooms and inside trim...
 Here's the style of kitchen cabinets...
 ...which will be this color...
We haven't picked the kitchen floor yet; we want to use Dura-Ceramic, which looks like ceramic tile, and is installed in a similar manner.  Since it's installed that way, it won't be in place when the house arrives.  We'll have to either do it ourselves or hire someone to do it.  I'm leaning toward doing it ourselves...which means myself. ☺  I helped the contractor with installing the ceramic tile at our house here, so I have a little experience, and the Dura-Ceramic seems like it'll be simpler because it doesn't have to be cut with a wet saw.

More updates to come!  We're still waiting on the blueprints...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!