Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We picked apples!

We picked a gazillion apples on Sunday!  In fact, I've been so busy since then cooking and baking things with apples that I haven't had time to blog.  Fortunately I did take a couple pictures...
Apple bread...

and apple dumplings...
We also made some cider and some applesauce, but they didn't turn out well.  I've made hardly a dent in the apples; I still have two large laundry baskets full.  I want to make some pies, and can some pie filling, so I have a lot of work to do.  And I need to do it soon, before the apples go bad.  Planning on a huge cookfest tomorrow.

And I've also finished another knitting project!  Here's my Frost Cowl. 

 I need to make some adjustments to the design; it turned out bigger than I'd planned.  But this will be my next next design proposal for Knit Picks, after the Little Sweetheart Socks.  I'm still waiting on Hubby to get me MSOffice for my new computer, so I can write up those proposals; he said he could get it cheaper from his work.

And I did another little project...
It turned out a little snug for the keychain, so I think it will become a Christmas ornament, and I'll make another for the keychain, with a larger needle.

And...here's my next project, all ready to start!  Plaited Points with Malabrigo Sock in the colorway "Impressionist Sky".  I'm excited about starting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!