Monday, August 10, 2009

God really does answer prayer.

I know, some people don't believe that. Some say it, but don't mean it. Some people pray without expecting God to actually listen to them. To you, I say, He is listening. And He is speaking; you just need to learn to listen to Him.
The other night, I was in bed, tossing and turning, trying to get to sleep. But my back hurt. I have had back issues since I was a teenager, but this was more than just the usual. I had a sharp pain in the center of my back; it reminded me very much of when I had had a rib out of place. When it had happened before, it had gotten progressively worse, until I could hardly move. I finally went to the chiropractor. And it had taken several treatment before it was all better. Now, on Friday night, after the chiropractor was closed for the weekend, I was in terrible pain. I knew I was going to be driving all day Sunday, and wouldn't be able to visit a chiropractor in Kansas without paying the exorbitant first-visit fee. So I talked to my Abba, my heavenly Daddy who loves His little girl and wants the best for her(me). I told Him about the pain, where it was, how it felt, how I didn't want to have to deal with it all week...and by the time I finished describing the pain, it was gone. I wanted to laugh out loud, but Hubby was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him. God had answered my prayer before I was done praying it! Psalm 139:4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.
Yesterday, I started driving at 5:30 in the morning, so it was still dark, and I was in a part of the city I don't know well. And I saw a sign that said "Interstate closed at ______"... There was a major accident and they had closed the highway at that spot. I prayed that the accident would be cleared away and the highway reopened by the time I got to that spot. And I think God chuckled to Himself and said "I have a better idea." When I reached the place where the highway was closed I saw the flashing lights ahead. And then I noticed a little white car in front of me had pulled off the highway just before the accident. And I heard the inaudible voice of the Lord: "Follow." So I did. I followed the white car through a construction zone and back onto the highway a few miles from where we had left it. God had answered my prayer, but not in the way I had expected. Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My says," declares the Lord.
Add to that the fact that I had slept a total of about 30 minutes the night before our trip, then drove almost 12 hours in a row, and our safe arrival in Kansas was nothing short of a miracle. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!