Friday, February 26, 2010

Something else...

I said in my previous post that I took two days off working on my Olympic project to work on "something else". Here it is!
It's a purse for me to carry when Hubby and I go to a ball next month. I found a basic "little black dress" at Walmart, and I had a pink knit lace cardigan(not handknit; I got it at the thrift shop). I needed a new purse. I had made a little tiny black quilted purse years ago, but it's not big enough to hold my camera, my phone, my driver's license and my pistol*, so I needed something bigger, but still pretty. I decided on cables, so I didn't want to use black. I searched through my stash for the perfect pink, and then I remembered this yarn, that my friend Andrea sent me last fall. It's 100% merino wool, and so soft. The purse is knit all in one piece; down the back and up the front, then seamed up the sides, and continued up the handle. I lined it with black fabric from my fabric stash. So this whole project cost me nothing to make. ☺ It's about 7 inches wide, 6 inches high, not including the handle. Just big enough for my previously mentioned list.
*Editing to add: Yes, I do have a license to carry concealed, just in case anyone wondered. As I always say, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!