Saturday, May 29, 2010

Argh!

As hard as I tried to avoid it, it seems it was inevitable. I've got poison ivy. Again. I had it a couple years ago, and it was awful. It's not too bad yet, but it is spreading. I went swimming this morning (today was opening day for our neighborhood pool) and that seemed to help a little; must have been the chlorine in the water. When I started itching again a couple hours later, I diluted a little bleach with water, and dabbed it on my itchy spots. I think I made it too strong. Wow, that hurt! I'll dilute it more for the next time. And I'm planning on going swimming again tomorrow, if I can manage that. Because we still have no fence. The guys were busy today, and didn't come. They'll be here first thing in the morning, so I'll miss out on a little of the work, while I take the girls to church. I'm hoping they'll have the doorframe put together and installed before we get home from church. That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fortunately, I don't have any poison ivy on my hands, so I'm still able to knit. I'm just over halfway done with the blue "Posy Patch", and I've got my test knitters working on theirs. Once I get a little more feedback from them, I'll send the design proposal to Knit Picks. I really hope they like it. It was very disappointing last fall when my cardigan pattern was rejected by Knitty. I worked so hard on that design, and I love it so much. That rejection hurt, as rejections usually do. Naturally, I don't want to be disappointed again. But..."nothing ventured, nothing gained"...so on we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!