Monday, May 17, 2010

A sneak peek...

Here's a little sneak peek at the baby blanket I'm making right now. It's name is "Posy Patch", thanks to one of my knitting friends. They're great at coming up with names for my patterns!
I love the way this yarn is working up. It's so soft! And the stitch definition is terrific. I'm getting 6 stitches per inch on size 6 needles, which means this will probably end up just a bit smaller than 28 inches square, before blocking. Perfect size for a little baby. ☺
It turns out my suspicion was correct; I'm definitely going to need more yarn. I'm less than halfway done, but I've used most of the third skein of yarn already. So I'm going to need at least one more skein than I originally thought, probably two. I'll wait until I'm precisely halfway, before placing my order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!