Monday, April 13, 2009

Prayers, please!

I'm keeping busy. I've had to set my spinning aside, to work on my "Rebekah and Allyson Shawl". Rebekah is in the hospital now; she lives in a small town and has been airlifted to a city nearby that has a NICU. So far, Allyson is inside where she belongs. I'd like to ask anyone who reads this, if you are they "praying type" to pray for Rebekah and Allyson. During her previous pregnancy, Rebekah was in labor off and on for 6 weeks. She was on bed rest, and in the hospital, for much of that time. But Emma was born full-term. Rebekah was ready, a week earlier, for Emma to be born, but I told her, "I'm sorry, but I prayed for her to be born full-term." Emma was born, a week later, after the 37 week mark.

Rebekah is 30 weeks pregnant. It would be alright if Allyson is born 4 weeks from now, but I'm praying for a full-term baby. I'm asking my friends to agree with me in prayer. Actually, I'm praying that whatever is causing the preterm labor would be healed. That the labor would stop, and wouldn't start again until it's time. Who wants to pray with me for that miracle?

I mentioned I'm working on the shawl. It's almost 4 feet long. So just a little over a foot to go. I sure hope she likes it when it's done.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be keeping your sister & her baby in my thoughts and prayers--it's so hard when all we can do is wait and watch..the shawl is a good way to wait..and it'll have your love, prayers, and concern knit into every stitch, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!