I'm finally feeling better. I had a rough few days; I was so sick I didn't feel like knitting! Now that I'm better, I'm making up for those days. I started, frogged, started, frogged, and restarted a pair of socks. Plain, boring socks, for knitting while I watch tv. But I was so bored with them I had to put them down and work on something else. I made two 6-inch squares for a baby blanket project, and was struck with the inspiration to make a whole blanket with squares like them, but all in one piece. I don't have the yarn yet that I want to use for that, so I decided to start something else. I've had this idea in my sketchbook since last fall, and now that the weather's warming up, I decided it's time to do it.
It's the beginning of a tank top for Princess, and this is after about four hours of working on it. It's pretty simple, much more interesting the ribbing on a sock, and it's going quickly. I was planning on having it 8 inches long below the underarms, but now I'm thinking I'll make it 9, just so she'll be able to wear it longer. In this picture, it's about 4 1/2 inches long, so just about halfway, not including the straps. ☺