Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New project on the needles!

I did a few rows on my "Surf" shawl yesterday, but I also decided to cast on a new project. My friend Ally sent me two hanks of Knit Picks Gloss Lace last fall, and I finally picked out a pattern to go with it. I decided to use a pattern written by someone else this time. ☺ It's the "Adamas Shawl" by Miriam Felton. It's a free pattern, and can be found here: http://mimknits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=document_product_info&cPath=65&products_id=199
I really like this pattern so far. It's well-written, and easy to memorize. I started last night, and here's a picture. I just completed the first repeat of the second chart. Thirteen repeats to go.

This is my first project with laceweight yarn. I've done several lace shawls, but all with fingering-weight or thicker yarn. I've been a little afraid to try the thinner yarn, but now I see that my fear was unfounded. It's knitting up beautifully, and isn't any more difficult than sockweight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!