Monday, April 4, 2011

Still tryin' to get skinny.

I realize I haven't blogged in a while about my weight-loss journey...but that's just because there hasn't been much to say.  I am still going to the gym almost every day.  I quit drinking.  I've started drinking green tea to unwind in the evenings instead of wine.  I haven't lost any weight.  I don't have more energy; as a matter of fact I have less.  But I am getting stronger; I was able to carry a non-working 32-inch tv out to the curb last week, by myself.  And my jeans fit a little looser, but not loose enough to switch to a smaller size.  My face is a little thinner, and my chin is a little less...double.  So, although I am starting to look a little better, I'm frustrated that it's taking so long for so little results.

I started working out in December.  It's been over four months, and I still weigh 170 pounds.  I want to weigh 110.  I was 110 when I got married.  I was young and thin, but not strong.  So it might be a bit unrealistic for me to expect I could get back to that.  I would settle for 120 if I have to.  For right now, I'd be thrilled with just seeing any number lower than 170 on the scale.

3 comments:

  1. what are you eating? are you writing down every bite and counting calories? if not, try it for a few days...you'd be amazed at where those extra calories pop in and keep you from losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm counting calories. I've done the food diary before, so I keep track pretty well. I don't snack much, and when I do, it's yogurt or other nutritious stuff. I really don't have a desire to snack on junk food these days. I've cut back on soda, but it's my only source of caffeine, so I can't give it up completely. I've just started drinking a lot of green tea; my sister recommended it for weight loss. I'm feeling rather water-logged, but hopeful that it'll work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing weight is not easy and requires a lot of time, hard work, and commitment. Results may come slow and vary from person to person, but do not let that bring you down. You have accomplished so much already by simply acknowledging that you need to make a change, actually taking the steps to make that change, and most importantly, STICKING TO IT, even when times are hard.=] For a lot of people, getting started is probably the hardest part. I know it was for me and it still is sometimes!

    As for exercising, letting your body get sufficient time to recover and rebuild itself is just as important as working it out.=] Perhaps that could be the reason why you do not feel like you have any more energy. If your muscles are seriously aching the next day, give yourself a break.;] It is those moments of rest you give to your muscles that will help them to rebuild and become stronger the next time around. I say this from my own experience as well as from the experience of others.^_^

    Lastly, rather than focusing on just losing weight and becoming skinnier, try to think of it more as a lifelong change. Whether you are losing weight as fast as you would want to or not, you are still making healthy lifestyle changes, and that in itself is what is most important in the end!=]

    Good luck to you and keep pushing! You are definitely headed in the right direction!=]

    ReplyDelete

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!