Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Whatd'ya say we get that garden in the ground?

I started some seeds in February, intending to build garden boxes, and have an awesome garden.  Then life got in the way, and the plants stayed in my kitchen for about a month longer than they needed to.
 In fact, they were in the kitchen for so long that I actually had beans growing, in my kitchen window.
 So this morning I took them outside and got them planted.  It doesn't look like much, but at least it's out of the kitchen!
 I've got three kinds of tomatoes, some corn, beans, cantaloupes, pumpkins and cucumbers.  I hope some of these plants actually survive long enough to produce food.  I'm not a very good gardener.
The bluebonnets are still in the starter tray, and I'm debating where to plant them.  It's too late in the season for them to bloom, but they are perennials and tend to spread out and go wild.  I'll probably plant them out in the front yard if I can find a spot that gets enough sunshine.  The lavender plants all died, so I've started some more, even though I don't know where I'll plant them.  I have two raspberry bushes, which should also have been planted last month.  I know where I want to put them, but I have to get rid of the useless, ugly bushes that are there first.  And it's hard to get motivated to work outside when it's 95 degrees.  Maybe I'll work on that this evening when it starts to cool off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!