Here's a picture of their room before we cleaned it up and took out the old bed.
I moved the dresser to the center of the wall where the daybed had been, and put the new bed where the dresser had been. It's just a frame, and boxspring and mattress set. I'm planning on either painting a faux-headboard on the wall above the bed, or making an upholstered one and attaching it to the wall.
I discovered that the bed was actually a queen size, so naturally the full size sheets I had bought for it didn't fit. So the girls slept with an old blanket as their sheet last night. They were so excited that they decided, on their own, to go to bed at 6:30! After they were in bed, I went and exchanged the sheets. I made up the bed with the new sheets this morning. They'll keep using their twin size comforters for now. Queen size comforters are a bit expensive.