Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Knittin', and Not Knittin'

I just realized I haven't blogged for a whole week. Oops. Sorry about that. There hasn't been a whole lot of knittin' goin' on, because I've had a migraine for several days. Before it started, though, I was working on a lace scarf. We're doing a Knit-Along and Swap in the Bunker. We're all using the same pattern: "The Waltz" (http://stickchicky.blogspot.com/2008/06/waltz.html) and knitting it in a color and fiber that our swappee would like. I'm making Monica's, and Sandra is making mine. I haven't taken any pics yet, but I've finished 20 repeats of the lace pattern so far, and the pattern only says to do 30, so I might be 2/3 done. I'll have to see how long that makes it when I get to 30. I'm using Knit Picks Shadow(100% merino) Lace in the colorway "Vineyard"; it's a rich, dark purple, with little tiny bits of green and brown in it. Not like a tweed; more like a heather. It's lovely yarn. And since I had two skeins, I should have enough left over to make a scarf for myself, or to give as a gift to someone else. I love this yarn. It's very soft and light.
I'm stalled on my sock. I finished the foot and turned the heel, and worked one repeat of the cabled lace pattern. But when I tried it on, I realized that the cables were pulling the fabric in too tightly around my ankle. So I'm going to frog back to the end of the heel, and put in some increases before starting the cabled lace in the back of the leg. I'm certain that will make it less tight; I just hope it looks right. I had planned on adding increases anyway, but further up on the leg section. Looks like I'll have to add more increases than I'd planned.
But for now, I need to get back to the laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!