Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Designing...

I am nearly done with my Upstream scarf! I need to do one or two more repeats of the cable pattern, which I might be able to get done today. I've got to measure it and decide whether it needs one or two. And then I'll create the design proposal and get it sent off to Knit Picks! I haven't heard back from them yet on the design I sent a couple weeks ago, for the "Girl's Best Friend" mitts. I'm not sure whether that's a good sign or a bad one; I heard back within one week, about "Posy Patch". But I'm not giving up on it, until they tell me one way or another.

For anyone who hasn't yet purchased their copy of Posy Patch, here's the link:
http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Posy_Patch_Baby_Blanket__D10472220.html
:D Shameless plug, I know. But what can I say? I love all of my patterns, and I'm especially proud of Posy Patch, since it was published by someone other than myself. The rest of my patterns(so far) are available on my pattern blog for free. http://christineolsonoriginals.blogspot.com
In case anyone's wondering why I don't put them here on this blog, it's because I tend to chatter about all different parts of my life here. I talk about my kids, and my faith, and my friends, and other crafts besides knitting, and homeschooling, and even the occasional foray into politics. I want to keep my patterns separate from my rambling. Although I am considering making some tutorial videos demonstrating certain skills I've recently learned, and posting them over there also. I think I'd have to figure out youtube first...I watch videos on youtube, but I don't have a youtube account. So I don't have any videos of my own on there, and I don't know the first thing about embedding a youtube video in a blog post.

Okay, I'm just rambling here(as usual), so I'm going to go now and find some caffeine to wake me up. Have a nice day, and check out my patterns, if you haven't done that before!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!