Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Before and After, Part 2

Okay, part 2. This is the former studio. I planned ahead and took the pictures before I cleaned it up. It was a disaster area. Looked like the aftermath of a tornado.
Here's the desk, covered in papers and junk. I'm still working on getting it all organized. I just shoved it all in boxes so we could get the desk moved over the weekend. It's amazing how disorganized I've been lately. But I'm working on it! That's got to earn me some points somewhere.
Next pictures...here's the same room, after moving out the desk, painting the walls a medium purple, and bringing in the toys. I tried to convince the girls that we should go with pink, but they wouldn't hear of it. One color they all agree on, though generally in differing shades, is purple. So purple it is. Angel wanted lavender, Princess wanted dark purple. Dolly(seen in the following pictures) just loves this in-the-middle shade. It's hard to tell, but she was dancing when I took the pictures.
The room looks twice as big now, without the giant desk. But even so, it's less than half the size of the old playroom, so cleaning it should seem a lot easier to the girls. At least, that's my theory. I've made a new rule that they have to tidy up each time they are ready to leave the room. It doesn't have to be perfect; it just has to be decent. We'll see how that goes.

"Purple! Happy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!