Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Since this is a knitting blog, I thought I ought to post something about knitting.

Unfortunately, I haven't knitted much of anything in the past week or so. I've been reading instead. Of course, that's partly because I created a "reading corner" for myself. I may need to make it a "reading and knitting corner"...

Currently on my needles but not hibernating: a lace tank top for my oldest daughter, Angel. I'm using the same lace pattern I used for the shawl I knitted for my sister. And, actually, only the bottom half of the tank top will be lace. I'm trying to encourage her natural modesty; she doesn't want anyone to see her "nips", as she calls them. :) I'm using recycled turquoise cotton. It's worsted-weight, so a little heavier than what I'd like to wear in the summertime, but Angel assures me that it'll be perfect. I think the lace will keep it from being too warm. I'm knitting it in the round, because that's how I like to knit. Everything I design is knitted in the round, in one piece. And if I use a published pattern that isn't written that way, I modify it to make it that way. I'm weird like that. I like sewing, and I like knitting, but I also like to keep them separate...except in the case of those precious "Summerlin" dresses I made for the girls. And the very similar "Jane Austen dress" I have in my list of future projects.

I pledge to do some knitting today, in between laundry, dishes, ironing and reading. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!