Friday, May 15, 2009

I have a cold.

I thought it was just allergies. But now I'm pretty sure it's a cold. My nose is stuffy and runny. My throat is sore. And I feel very fatigued. I haven't even done anything today except take the kids to the library. So I should still have plenty of energy, considering I slept pretty well last night. But I need a nap. It's just past 10 in the morning, and I already need a nap. Bah. It's not fun to be sick.

I got a bunch of books at the library about knitting for babies; I'm thinking of knitting something special for Allyson. I won't get a chance to see her until October, so I'm trying to decide whether I want to make something for summer and send it, or make something for winter and bring it along when we go north this fall. I saw a pattern online for a pretty little short sleeved cardigan, which might work. But then, maybe long sleeves would be better. I can't decide. So I'm going to look through the library books and see if I find anything that strikes my fancy. To be honest, most babies' (or kids') patterns I've seen look like they're straight out of the 80s: oversized, boxy, too many colors, ridiculous patterns...if you knit, you know what I mean. No offense meant to anyone who likes that (outdated) style. ;) I'm looking for something sweet and pretty, probably with some lace, but nothing too intricate; maybe some ruffles...in either a very subtle variegated yarn, or a solid color. I might have to end up creating my own pattern. But I love doing that, so it's no big deal.

Now if I can just stay awake to look through those pattern books...

2 comments:

  1. Make this http://tinyurl.com/oa93su Sirdar #1646 Bolero. Cutest baby sweater by far. And it's sized up to 6 years I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, Anonymous! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!