Monday, March 21, 2011

Moving right along...

I've made quite a bit of progress on the Winding Road sock!
Yes, I modeled this right sock on my left foot, but that's only because it's easier to take a picture of the "inside" side of your foot than the "outside" side.  Anyway, I've finished the gusset decreases, and I'm continuing on the foot.  I'm really enjoying this pattern.  Once I had done two repeats of the cable, I didn't have to look at the pattern again until it was time for the heel flap.  It's an instinctive design, and very easy to follow.  And this yarn is so yummy!  Very soft, and such a pretty colorway, and I haven't had any strange pooling, just a nice all-over variegation which is what I was hoping for.  Mara did a great job with both the pattern and the yarn. ☺
I've also started swatching a new idea.  I'm not sure what it's going to be yet, but I know that it will be circular, and have a swirly lace pattern.  I'm thinking it might be another baby blanket.  Or maybe a knitting bag.  Decisions, decisions.... I guess the swatch'll tell me what it wants to be when it's a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!