Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Speaking of socks...

I finished the test-knit sock!
Isn't this a great design?  Sieglinde did a great job.  I can't wait to see her pattern up on a prominent knitting site!  I used Berocco Ultra Alpaca in a light heathered bluish-green.  I've already done the cuff ribbing for the second sock, but I'm not going to knit it in two days like I did the first.  I need to work on my other projects.

So right now I'm working on Julia Lynne.  She needs sleeves.  I was going to Magic Loop them, but instead I'm using a very short circular.  It's working, but not well.  I wish it were about two inches shorter; the stitches are a bit stretched out on this needle.  I'm thinking of switching back to the longer one, or dpns.  My longer needle doesn't have a nice flexible cable, which is why I switched to the short one in the first place.  But it might still be quicker than dpns.  Aw, heck, I'm wasting time thinking about it; I'm going to just go back to my original plan and get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!