Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My kitchen!

I've got the kitchen just about done, for now.  Here's the window over the sink...
 Here's the table area, with the new curtains on the windows.  And you can see one of the framed doilies there to the right of the window...

 Here's a closeup of a doily; there are two of these, on opposite walls.  I used some leftover curtain fabric for the background.
 And here's the coordinating doily that is next to the window in the picture above...
These doilies are over a hundred years old, and were made either by Hubby's grandmother, great-grandmother or great-aunt.  They've started to come apart in places, so I've been afraid to use them, or even handle them too much.  Now they'll be protected and displayed at the same time.

I still want to darken the cabinets and maybe even the table and chairs, but I'll wait.  So now I just need to clean it up, and get all my project stuff put away....and hope it stays clean until Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!