Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another finished project

Yay, I finished the Winding Road Socks!
They turned out great, if I do say so.  Okay, vital stats:
Pattern: "Winding Road" by Mara Jessup (available on Knit Picks)
Yarn: Reflections Indulgence Sock (Merino/Cashmere/Nylon)
I don't know that she has any more of this same blend and colorway, but you can find Mara's yarn on Etsy; her store name is Reflections Yarn.
Needle: US2
Next I'll finish the "Popped" socks, which is also a Knit Picks pattern, but not one designed by a Bunker Babe.  I had already turned the heels when I set them aside (magic looping, two-at-a-time), so I should - in theory - be able to finish them this weekend or next week.  I'm waiting on my sister to send me pics of her modeling the bag I made, so I can send off that design proposal.  USPS tracking tells me that Knit Picks has received my samples for Crown Jewels and the Lacy KIP Bag.  But it usually takes a few weeks before the patterns get put up.  And until they accept Katiee's Bag (I hope) I don't have any more samples to make.  So I get to work on whatever I want to!  That's a kinda nice feeling! 
Oh, I almost forgot: I got an email yesterday telling me that one of my patterns would be in the May catalog!  Finally!  I've got six up on the website, but so far none have been in the catalog.  They didn't say which one, so I'll just have to wait and see.
No news yet about Hubby's truck.  Considering it was stolen on Monday and it's now Thursday, the likelihood of it being recovered is pretty slim.  It's probably across the border by now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!