Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kitty's socks are done!

We haven't had time yet today for a photo shoot, so this will have to do for now.
As you could probably tell from the previous post, I did these two-at-a-time, from the toes up.  I started with Judy's Magic Cast-on.  I did short-row heels, because they are the easiest heels I know for toe-up socks.  To make the top half of the legs wider without messing up the stitch pattern, I switched to a larger needle, which totally changed the way the colors pooled.  I really like how that part looks more evenly striped, unlike the strange pooling that happened in the feet and bottom half of the legs.  I finished off with Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-off, and it lived up to its name!

Angel helped me out by stretching the top of the sock so I could get a picture. ☺ I'm certain Kitty will have no problems getting these socks on!  Now if I could just find a caston that's this stretchy, for when I do top-down socks....

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!