Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Almost forgot to post today

I just realized I hadn't blogged about my workout.  Or about the fact that we went and bought a new stove/oven today.  Okay, range first.  Last Friday, Angel was standing on a chair next to the stove, and she jumped down, stumbled and bumped into the front of the range.  It took a moment for me to see that when she bumped it, she broke off the oven dial.  Actually, she broke the pin that holds the dial.  So I couldn't turn on the oven.  I had to "borrow the neighbors' oven" to bake our pizza that night, and I tried using epoxy to fix the broken pin.  The epoxy didn't work, so I went to Home Depot this morning (before my workout) to look at the ranges.  I was all set to buy the beautiful GE electric range with the smooth top...then I mentioned to the appliance guy that we currently have a gas range with electric ignition.  He told me that, typically, gas ranges with electric ignition only require a standard outlet.  The kind of range I was about to buy requires the heavy-duty, funky-looking outlet.  I told him I didn't know what sort of outlet(s) were behind my stove, so I'd have to go home and look.

So I went and worked out.  Worked my legs and back again, since my leg is still hurting.  Stepped it up on the cardio, though. I did 20 minutes at level 2 on the bike, and 20 minutes on the stair-stepper!  Hooray for me!  I've never done that much time on a stair-stepper before.

When I got home, I pulled the stove out and took a peek.  Yup, just as I feared; standard outlet.  Nancy Pelosi. (that's my new standard swearword, in case you were wondering)  So I had to start all over, searching.  I finally decided on a GE gas range, and went to buy it, and the appliance lady pointed out that the Amana range next to it was a better machine, but was on sale...for the same price.  I jumped at the chance to get the nicer range, with the bigger, self-cleaning oven and large, clear oven window, and the storage drawer under the oven for the price I'd already planned on paying.  It'll be delivered in two weeks, after I get home from visiting my family in Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!