Saturday, January 8, 2011

Me time!

I finally got some time to myself!  I didn't get it last month, so I was really needing it.  I got to spend the day doing whatever I wanted, alone.  So I went to the range to do a little target practice with hubby's 9mm Sig Sauer.  Out of 100 rounds, I only hit the bullseye once; I need a lot more practice.  And I went to the bookstore.  I had a list of books I wanted, but only found one of them: Toe Up Socks For Every Body by Wendy Johnson.  I also picked up Governor Perry's new book "Fed Up!", which I'd been wanting, but forgot to put on my list.  I was going to get some educational books from the "What your ---- grader needs to know" but I changed my mind when I was flipping through the first grade one and found a blatant (and very offensive) lie.  I got the girls some fiction books instead; I prefer when fiction is labeled as fiction. lol.  I went to the LYS and wandered around petting yarn.  I only bought one skein, because I really need to use up some of the yarn I already have.  The skein I bought is Ultra Alpaca Sock yarn in a soft, dark heathered green; it'll become some lovely lace socks.  I was pleasantly surprised that the price on that yarn had gone down!

I finished up my time with a workout.  I worked my arms and shoulders and did 20 minutes on the bike and 15 on the stair-stepper.  When I got home, I measured and weighed myself.  In the past week, I've lost 4 pounds, and 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips!  So it's really working!  I intend to keep Saturday as my weigh/measure day, so I won't be obsessing over the numbers during the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!