Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Okay, I know it's only the eleventh day of Christmas, but....

I got a bunch of Christmas decorations boxed up and put in the guest room yesterday. Woohoo!  I'm planning on finishing up today, and getting it put all-the-way away...something I'm ashamed to say I didn't actually do last year.  But I'm doing it this year, and that's what matters. ☺ I can hardly wait, in fact.  I was quite a scrooge this past Christmas.  I was disorganized and stressed, and didn't even make gingerbread once(in 2009 I made three batches before Christmas)!  I was grumpy, and not really in the Christmas spirit at all.  I am going to do a much better job next Christmas.  I'm putting the decorations away already organized, and I'll be getting rid of a few decorations that we haven't used in a few years.  And once the decorations are put away, I'm going to do some major de-cluttering and organizing of the rest of our stuff.  We have way too much, and it's creating stress for me, and for the rest of the family as well. 

And of course, being organized will help when our contractor is finally ready to put in our new floors.  Yep, we're still waiting.  We had wanted to get them done before Hubby's dad arrived in the middle of December, but the contractor was swamped with decks, and couldn't get it done by then.  I need to give him a call and see when he can fit us in.  I really want to get the new floors in.  And I'm excited about being able to help with the project too!

I made some more progress on Evellyn Anne yesterday, but not much.  I'll work on that some more after I get the decorations put away.  Ugh.  I just remembered I need to do laundry too.  Fudge. 

I went to the gym this morning.  I felt very sleepy and unfocused.  I did a little work on my chest, arms and shoulders.  Cardio went better; did 20 minutes on the bike and 15 on the stair-stepper.  I want a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!