Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Angel, Kitty and I made it to midnight!  Hubby had gone to bed, but he got back up to toast the New Year with us.  We didn't bother with champagne, since we were going straight to bed; we toasted with sparkling white grape juice instead.  It was a long evening.  And it didn't end when it should have.  My neighbors were setting money on fire lighting expensive loud fireworks, and at midnight they were just getting started.  They didn't finish until after 2:30 in the morning!  It sounded like a prolonged gun battle right outside my home.  I am very surprised any of us got any sleep.  These are the same "neighbors" who have extremely loud parties, to which police are always called(and not always just by me).  I've decided to start praying that they move away.
Amazingly, I woke up with energy this morning!  Before everyone else came down for breakfast, I tidied the living room.  I took the ornaments off the tree and put them in ornament boxes.  I can't put away the trees until Hubby's dad leaves; the containers are in the attic that is accessed through the guest room.  So I'll wait until Tuesday or Wednesday.  I went to the gym and worked my back, chest, shoulders and abs; and did 20 minutes on the bike and 10 on the stair-stepper.  It was a good workout, but my back still hurts.
♥
Happy New Year, everyone!  I'm hoping and praying for good things in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!