Thursday, January 20, 2011

In Kansas...

I'm in Kansas, visiting family.  Sorry I haven't posted in the past few days; hanging out just didn't seem blog-worthy, and I haven't done any exercise at all, except some back exercises that are part of a program my parents are using; it's supposed to help with back pain.

Anyway, it's snowy here!  There was snow on the ground when we got here, there was another little dusting Saturday night, and then it snowed all day and night yesterday.  Actually, it's still snowing this morning.  Here's how the van looks...
I don't think I'll be going anywhere today...
But if I need to, at least I have new tires and a new battery, so I don't have anything to worry about except the other drivers. ☺ I noticed when we got to church on Sunday that one tire was almost flat, and we had filled all the tires just last week, before I drove to Kansas.  And all of them were almost bald anyway, so it was time.  Fortunately, I have a brother-in-law who is a mechanic, so I knew just who to call.

I'm thinking of taking the kids either ice-skating or sledding today, so that may involve a little driving.  I'll wait a while and see if the snowplows get the streets taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!