Friday, January 7, 2011

Zumba!

Well, I was right, Zumba is as much fun as it looks, and as much hard work.  And I was wrong; I wasn't quite ready.  I did it anyway.  Y'all should be proud of me.  I have never in my life done a solid hour of cardio exercise.  I felt like I was going to throw up, but I didn't, and I didn't give up either. ☺ Zumba is tough.  Some of the moves, I couldn't even do; they're not part of the normal way I move, but I'll learn.  I've always thought I had great rhythym, but with the combination of the very fast tempos, and trying to learn the unfamiliar steps and stay with the group, I looked pretty clumsy at times.  It took me two or three times through some of the steps just to figure out what I was supposed to do.  But I kept at it, even though I wanted to collapse on the floor.  It's a good thing that I have a week until the next class; maybe I'll be ready then, and do better. ☺  Note to self: work a muscle group other than legs on Thursday.
In knitting knews(lol)...I've finished the lace portion of the Evellyn Anne blanket!  I have increased for the ruffle, so I now have 952 stitches on my needle.  Yikes.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!