Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve workout

I had a pretty good workout this morning.  Worked abs and back, then did 20 minutes on the bike and 10 on the elliptical.  According to Hubby(who seems to think he's an expert in the field of fitness, despite the fact that he weighs 300 pounds) you don't actually burn any fat until you've had your heart rate up in the proper range for 20 minutes.  I don't know that that is necessarily true, but in case it is...that's why I came up with the idea of doing the bike first.  I can pedal for 20 minutes more easily than I can run on the elliptical for 20 minutes.  For some reason, my joints like the bike better.  So I get my heart rate up for 20 minutes on the bike, then switch to the elliptical, which burns more calories than the bike.  Of course, the weight training I do before cardio also gets my heart rate up.  Either way, I'm hoping to start seeing a real difference soon.

The gym is closed tomorrow, so I'll have to make do with my handweights and rollerblades.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!