Sunday, December 19, 2010

Exercise yes, Knitting no.

I forgot to knit yesterday.  Actually, my hands were hurting, so I didn't.  I hate when the weather changes; it makes my joints hurt. (There I go, sounding like an old person again!)  Add in all the exercise I've been doing, and my sore muscles....I wasn't even able to finish combing Angel's hair after her bath last night.  I felt so bad about it; her hair tangles so easily, and we haven't found a conditioner that works well enough to get it untangled easily.  And poor mommy couldn't do it.  I told her she'd have to finish, because I could hardly grip the comb.  Anyway, enough whining.  I'm going to try to knit today.  I need to make some more progress on that blanket!

Went to the gym after church.  I'm now a full-fledged member!  Worked my back again, and it felt good while I was doing it.  Still doesn't feel too bad; hoping that continues.  Also did some work on my chest and shoulders.  Then 20 minutes on the stationary bike.  That darn bike wouldn't register my heart rate, so I gave up on keeping track of it and just pedaled.  According to the machine, I biked over 6 miles in 20 minutes. ☺ It wasn't as strenuous a workout as the elliptical or the treadmill, but boy, did I feel it(and see it!) right after!  My leg muscles were bulging under my fat; my thighs looked enormous.  It felt like the muscles were going to explode right through the fat and the skin!  Haha.  I think I'm going to take some advil and a nap.  Then I'll try knitting afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a G-rated blog; my children love to read the comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting. Thanks!